New Mimaki printers – SWJ-320EA and JFX200-2513 EX, were introduced by the company at the beginning of 2020.
The new SWJ-320 EA Mimaki printer and plotter was shown to large public masses at the beginning of 2020. It is constructed on another printer’s hardware platform – SIJ-320UV printer. The new Mimaki device combines all the advantages borrowed from the old version, together with improved printing speed characteristics and a few more options which the new machine was equipped with. The new SWJ-320 EA printer and plotter is a nice machine which will be of huge help for all high-productivity printing manufacturers.
- Print resolution – 300, 600, 900 up to 1200 dpi;
- Printing heads – piezoelectric, 4 heads in a 2-row configuration;
- Maximum print quality – 3200 mm;
- Maximum material width – 3,250 mm (if printing on 2 rolls, then it is 1,524 mm per roll);
- Minimum material width – 210 mm;
- Material thickness – no thicker than 1 mm;
- Roll diameter – 250 mm;
- Roll weight – no more than 100 kg;
- Printer dimensions – 5,41 mm x 995 mm x 1,44 mm;
- Printer weight – 850 kg;
- Multifunctional control panel with multilingual support and high-performace USB 2.0 and Ethernet 1000BASE-T interfaces.
The print width of the new Mimaki device is 3,2 m. It can print on different rolls simultaneously. The fast printheads the printer equipped with will lead to the print resolution expanded up to 1200 dpi. At the same time, the variable ink drop volume will ensure high image quality. The Mimaki new plotter is also noticeable for its excellent productivity – it can print with the speed up to 137 sqm/hour.
The new SWJ-320 EA machine can be used to complete a range of different printing tasks. The printer will be useful in the following fields:
- Exterior and interior printing,
- Printing advertisements in shopping centres,
- Advertisements on cars and buses,
- Window dressing,
- Art exhibitions.
There are obviously a few features that caused deep interest in buying the new Mimaki printer among manufacturers over the world. Here are some of them enlisted:
- Simultaneous printing on two rolls at a time is a standard feature for all SWJ-320 EA printers. Compared to any other printer which doesn’t have such an option, the new printer and plotter from Mimaki company has a much higher productivity level. Indeed, using it you can double your daily printing output thanks to the option introduced at Japanese company. But here is what cannot be left out when printing on two rolls with SWJ-320 EA:
- for each of two rolls, you can set the required printing parameters, such as printheads height, speed and more;
- materials of different widths can be used, but maximum roll width can be no higher than 1,524 mm;
- both rolls are advised to be the same type of material;
- New Variable Drop Volume option. The Mimaki printing system can generate ink drops of different sizes (small/medium/large) according to which mode is used at the moment, and what type of print task is the printer dealing with. This leads to much more freedom and expanded opportunities for the Mimaki clients. If required, the new SWJ-320 EA can offer a photographic quality printing image. In case the speed is what matters the first, then the plotter machine can give you a fast economy-class printing output. Variable Drop Volume option guarantees small lines and points high accuracy level. The minimum drop size is 7 pl.
- Innovative solutions for uninterrupted printing from Mimaki. The new SWJ-320 EA printer is equipped with NCU (nozzles control unit). It can automatically detect if there are some breakdowns in printheads work and in that case the system immediately clears the printheads. A special sensor the new Mimaki plotter is equipped with is sensitive to clogged nozzles, and if any are detected, the signal to printhead cleaners is sent and a few seconds later the printheads are clear and ready for work again.
If there are printheads that are out of service, the high-quality job printing can be continued thanks to NCU system replacing non-working nozzles with new ones. Here are some other benefits the NCU system usage will give you:
- Uptime increase;
- Printing is not stopped even if missed or dirty nozzles cannot be replaced;
- No manual operations required – the system is fully automated;
- High resolution and interior print quality of the printer. Printing resolution up to 1200 dpi, variable drop volume option together with high speed (137 sqm/hour) all guarantee excellent print quality, smooth gradient colour transitions and accurate shade combinations.
- MAPS 4 – innovative Mimaki Advanced Pass System. As a rule, the stripes formed at each move of the printheads have clear boundaries. Sometimes, colour overlays happen, and overlapping stripes are also not rare in printing process so the problem is difficult. To solve it, Mimaki manufacturers offer their new MAPS 4 solution. MAPS 4 innovative feature eliminates the printing errors by spraying additional ink drops according to a special algorithm.
- Solvent Mimaki SC100 ink. The SWJ-320m EA plotter uses solvent SC100 inks which demonstrate a high adhesion level with a wide variety of materials, excellent stability in all printing modes and, finally, are leading to nozzles not so sensitive to being clogged. The inks are available in CMYK 4-colour system. Special ink containers, three litres for each colour, are supplied.
Another printer exposed by Mimaki is ultimate entry model JFX200-2513 EX Mimaki printer that combines high-value-added print and high productivity.
This model is a successor to JFX200-2513 old version printer and is a large format flatbed inkjet printer. The upgraded version of the old JFX200-2513 device has a few features that we should talk about. Here are they:
- High-value-added print. It is a ‘2.5D Texture Maker’ technology introduced at Mimaki that made it possible to easily create semi-stereoscopic 2.5D data.
The offered ‘Surface Image’ option includes ‘Emboss Print’, which can help make the surface embossed with the use of several layers of UV-inks. Creating smooth texture requires stacking layer after layer, so you need to gather all the information about every layer by yourself. Standard software apps you can’t do without when creating layered embossed image are Illustrator or Photoshop and RasterLink6Plus. With the ‘Emboss Print’ option provided, the JFX200-2513 EX Mimaki printer can be used, for example, for creating labels or sign boards with raised letters.
- High productivity is an essential characteristics of any successful modern printer. In contrast with the conventional model, the JFX 200-2513 EX Mimaki new printer’s highest speed is doubled – up to 35 sqm/h. The printheads the new Mimaki device is equipped with ensure high productivity without slowing down even when printing in white + any other of CMYK colours.
Besides, the Japanese company developers also added a new print mode – ‘draft mode’. The JFX200-2513 (old version!) maximum speed was 25 sqm/h, whereas the new Mimaki printer can work as fast as 35 sqm/h.
- Stability and safety are something of a great care for any printing manufacturer. Missed nozzles replacement systems – NCU and NRS – automatically perform recovery for any missed nozzles.
The Nozzle Check Init (NCU) system keeps an eye on nozzles’ condition all the time the printing process is going. If a nozzle is clogged, the system automatically clears it. If the clearing doesn’t help, then NCU intelligent system provides a recovery. This way, downtime is limited, and high productivity level is maintained all the time.
Safety is one of the most important things in the new JFX-200-2513 EX Mimaki machine. The safety standards set by the Japanese manufacturers are pretty high. For example, a special ‘light curtain’ can be used to minimise injuring, or a protective printing mat can be delivered together with the printer to achieve the same goal.
- Upgraded usability is a point of pride for Japanese developers. With the new JFX 200-2513 EX Mimaki model, Ethernet connection is supported, and the vacuum-controlling foot switch is added.
Mimaki manufactures think that ‘on/off’ button is not enough. They provide the clients with a vacuum foot pedal. When your hands are busy, you can use your foot to press the button conducting some ‘manual’ printing operations. The foot switch option increases work efficiency considerably.
Also, in addition to usual USB-connection, the Ethernet-connection is available as well. This is a convenient way of using one PC to connect with multiple printers.